How to Activate your LAUSD email account
- The following link will open the LAUSD SSO Portal in a new tab: LAUSD Single Sign-On Self Service Console
- Click "", and read the policy. Then check the box and accept to proceed
- Confirm your identity using the following: Your employee number, your date of birth and the last 4 digits of your SSN.
- A selection box will appear asking you to list your current or previous LAUSD job title - if none of these options apply, select "NONE OF THE ABOVE" and click "Next"
- You will now need to select a security image that can be used to verify your identity in the event that you need to reset your LAUSD Email Password
- Verify the image, your username and click "Next" to proceed
- The final step in this process is the creation of your LAUSD Email password - follow the provided guidelines, and submit your password to proceed
- Your account should now be active (unless you receive an error message)
- If you are having issues with your LAUSD email account, please contact LAUSD ITD at 213-241-5200
How to Confirm that you have activated your LAUSD email account
- The following link will open the LAUSD Email login in a new tab: LAUSD Email Web Portal
- You will first need to enter your new email address
- You will then be asked to enter your newly created password
- Search near the top left corner of the page for the drop-down menu that says: "New" and select "Email message"
- In the "To" box, enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject of the email, enter "Confirming my Email Address"
- In the body of the email, enter your full name and employee number and click "Send"
- You will receive an automatic reply telling you that your message have been received and will be processed soon
- Within 24 hrs. you should receive a second reply from Email Confirmation that says "you now have access"
How to Access to the LA's BEST Learning Management System (LMS)
- DO NOT attempt to enter LMS before you have received a reply from email confirmation, the system could lock you out for invalid entries.
- Once you have received a reply from "Email Confirmation", you will have access to LMS.
- Select Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser to access LMS, Internet Explorer will not allow you to complete the courses.
- Return to the LMS